XAMPP on a work network Windows 7

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP on a work network Windows 7

Postby georgep93 » 02. October 2014 13:19

Hi,

Im currently trying to use XAMPP at work so that i can view PHP code. Previously tried to install PHP for windows but that wouldn't work so I got authorisation to use XAMPP. This network is quite heavily locked down in regards to UAC and group policy. IT department have installed it for me, however when i click to start Apache nothing happens. The same with MYSQL.

13:22:40 [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
13:22:40 [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
13:22:40 [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
13:22:40 [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
13:22:40 [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
13:22:40 [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
13:22:40 [Apache] entire log window on the forums

this is all the information I get and all of the logs (ACCESS/ERROR/PHP) are empty files so I have nothing to work off on that front. I am guessing it is something to do with ports being blocked. Where would i change which ports to access? Apologies for a lack of information if more is needed, Ill do my best to provide more if someone more able is willing to help with this? Thanks
georgep93

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: XAMPP on a work network Windows 7

Postby georgep93 » 02. October 2014 13:55

when i open apache_start.bat i get an error message saying there is a Syntax Error on line 37 of httpd.conf: Server Root must be a valid directory
georgep93

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows