[Solved] After upgrade 1.8.2-3 to 1.8.3-5 PHPMyAdmin slower

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

[Solved] After upgrade 1.8.2-3 to 1.8.3-5 PHPMyAdmin slower

Postby rolevine » 13. September 2014 13:12

Hi,

First time post - I'm hoping that this board is the correct place for this message.

I'm running on Windows 7 and previously had XAMPP 1.8.2.-3 installed and everything was running fine and blazing fast including PHPMyAdmin. I then upgraded to 1.8.3-5 (my main goal was to upgrade the PHP version to 5.5.15) and while almost everything is still working fine and fast, the PHPMyAdmin interface has slowed down dramatically. It's not unusable, but pretty close!

Since this is my test environment and everything is local to my machine, my server is "localhost". Several folks out on the Interwebs were suggesting using "127.0.0.1" instead of localhost and I tried that (thought I can't guarantee correctly) and I saw no improvement.

So...are there any known issues or, better yet, known solutions?

Regards,
Rob
Last edited by rolevine on 17. September 2014 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
rolevine
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 13. September 2014 13:00
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: After upgrade 1.8.2-3 to 1.8.3-5 PHPMyAdmin much slower

Postby rolevine » 17. September 2014 01:53

Oops, well, I guess it was nothing to do with the upgrade. It was due to the fact that I turned on xdebug. While xdebug is awesome for debugging, it slows down all the php stuff dramatically. So what I'll have to do is turn it off (and restart apache) when I don't need it.

Regards,
Rob
rolevine
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 13. September 2014 13:00
Operating System: Windows 7


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 76 guests