What does the run command do

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

What does the run command do

Postby Georgezx9 » 14. August 2014 23:23

Hi all just moved over to XAMPP from a rival, got it all working, and localhost/filename.php works in IE and others.

I have also just dumped dreamweaver due to cost, and am trying Notepad++

However rather than jump out of N++ and type localhost/filename at the url, I would like to run the current file by using the N++ "run|launch in..." command, isn't that what its there for to make it easy to test your PHP/HTML file from the Editor environment.

i.e when I try and use the launch command, it saves it to the root and then runs it from there, using the localhost filename to do so.

Is there a logical way to do this, there has to be, as why would they offer this option, or was the plan for it to only run the HTML part and not the PHP.

I am currently running the file from the HTDOCS folder, but would actually like to edit from my own separate directory, and have N++ sync the save with the HTDOCS root folder.

I am aware N++ has the plug in NPPFTP, although note sure how to set this, but I note that XAMPP has filezilla.

All help appreciated :shock:

Thanks in advance

GY
Georgezx9

Operating System: w7

Re: What does the run command do

Postby JJ_Tagy » 15. August 2014 02:49

It won't work that way because HTML is served as-is while PHP is interpreted and processed server side.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows