Allow specific IP to access a folder under htdocs

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Allow specific IP to access a folder under htdocs

Postby awaishafeez » 01. May 2014 01:47

I have downloaded and installed XAMPP 1.8.3 (Apache 2.4.9 MySQL 5.6.16 PHP 5.5.11) as well as the newest version of the mediawiki software on my Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 machine.
I have installed and configred the wiki (which is located inside my htdocs folder) which will be used by a group of people on the network. Everything works fine except that I can restrict/allow access to specific people. To start off, I am trying to see if I can allow access only to the my computer (server) itself.

I have added the following code in my httpd.conf under the <Directory "C:/D/Installations/XAMPP/htdocs"> section

<Directory "C:/D/Installations/XAMPP/htdocs/GWiki">
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from 172.20.199.6
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Require all granted
</Directory>

172.20.199.6 is the IPv4 and 127 is of course the computer itself. I put both of them and it still doesn't work.

Now the strange thing is, if I allow my public IP which is 203.190.xxx.xxx evrything works fine. But I cant use my public IP as everyone on our local network has the same public IP.

I can access the wiki without any errors if I use the "Allow from all" line instead. But I don't want to allow all or allow everyone who is on the same public IP as this wiki will be used by specific people on the network.

I have been reading up on this since yesterday and still can't figure out what to do.
awaishafeez

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows