How to enable xampp to get some internet website's data

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to enable xampp to get some internet website's data

Postby ash » 09. April 2014 08:34

Hey everyone,
I am a huge fan of Apache Friends and I am enjoying using xampp server & its components. Since I am a new user, so right now I have some questions about using xampp. Right now I am able to get data from my local website using xampp's PHP. But I want to extend my work so I have 2 queries:-
1. Is it possible to use xampp to communicate with internet to get some website's content to our local website using xampp's PHP?
2. If it is possible then how to configure our xampp server to get these data using PHP?
These question may look funny to you but I am quite confused whether it is possible or not and how?? Please help me out..
ash

Operating System: windows 7, 64-bit

Re: How to enable xampp to get some internet website's data

Postby JJ_Tagy » 09. April 2014 12:40

Just to be clear, XAMPP does not own any version of PHP. It is a collection of programs which includes PHP from http://php.net
So anything you can do in a specific version of PHP, you can do with whatever your installed version happens to be.

So to answer your questions: Yes, but it depends on how you want to do it. Look at the php.net manual for 'include'. Just be aware that some sites and clients don't allow cross-site scripting.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: How to enable xampp to get some internet website's data

Postby ash » 16. April 2014 06:53

@JJ_Tagy,, I understand that some sites and clients don't allow cross-site scripting. I also understand that XAMPP does not own any version of PHP. This was just to let the forum-members know that I am using such environment and with such set-up I want to extract some webpage's content. So if you have some idea of how it can be done or what mistake I am doing in my code or other setting then please throw some light.
ash

Operating System: windows 7, 64-bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows