Wordpress in XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Wordpress in XAMPP

Postby mdelacruz » 10. January 2014 18:09

Hallo Im a newbie developing webpages or not even yet, I just started to install wordpress and I am having a hard time.
Okay here is whats happening.

Warning: require(C:\Users\mmm\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress/wp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\mmm\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-settings.php on line 21

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\Users\mmm\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress/wp-includes/load.php' (include_path='.;C:\Users\mmm\Desktop\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\Users\mmm\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-settings.php on line 21

And I tried to look in wp-settings.php on line 21:

/ Include files required for initialization.
require( ABSPATH . WPINC . '/load.php' );
require( ABSPATH . WPINC . '/default-constants.php' );

Please help me with this ;( I have been working this for 2 days but I really dont have knowledge to fix it.

Thanks
mdelacruz

Operating System: vista

Re: Wordpress in XAMPP

Postby Nobbie » 10. January 2014 18:51

mdelacruz wrote:Please help me with this ;( I have been working this for 2 days but I really dont have knowledge to fix it.

This is not a Xampp issue. You should ask in a WordPress Forum instead.

The only issue concerning Xampp is your strange installation - you installed it into our Desktop(!?) instead of C:/Xampp. That is not recommended.
Nobbie

Re: Wordpress in XAMPP

Postby Beltran » 12. January 2014 13:18

You can try to download and install Bitnami WordPress for XAMPP https://bitnami.com/stack/xampp
Beltran
Power-User

XAMPP version: 10
Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X

Return to XAMPP for Windows