HELPPPPPP.......Database Folder Missing

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELPPPPPP.......Database Folder Missing

Postby yesfree » 30. December 2013 11:48

Merry Christmas guys, I was 97% done with a wordpress site I was developing on a localhost on my Windows XP SP3 machine, I wanted to use a certain software but it didn't support SP3, So i installed Windows 8 but copied the whole XAMPP Folder on a external drive before doing the windows 8, But after restoring the Xampp folder to drive C of my new windows that's the windows 8 (Which I usually do when I'm changing my OS or Machine). But this time when I went to my PHP ADMIN some old database was there but the one which I was working on or almost done database isn't there. And its also not in C:/xampp/mysql/data But the whole content of the site is in HTDOCS, Help guys maybe the database it's hidden somewhere.
yesfree

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: HELPPPPPP.......Database Folder Missing

Postby JJ_Tagy » 30. December 2013 12:52

Lesson learned: always make data backup.

Did you install new XAMPP and the just copy files on top or use entire folder from XP?
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby yesfree » 30. December 2013 13:22

Noo i didn't install a new xampp I rather copied the entire xampp folder to a external drive then copied it from the external to the drive C of the new windows (Windows 8)
yesfree

Postby JJ_Tagy » 30. December 2013 14:32

But in mysql/data there aren't any database files? That seems odd. Perhaps you didn't get the whole folder or you had stored your database files in a different location or separate installation location.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby yesfree » 30. December 2013 15:43

There're some old database of some old sites i've created in the data folder. Let me add this the database i'm looking for is my last project...So i don't know if it the database have been saved in a different folder.
yesfree

Return to XAMPP for Windows