MercuryC smtp relay problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MercuryC smtp relay problems

Postby Seagull » 20. November 2013 08:04

I have XAMPP ver 1.8.2-2 set up on a win xp home sp3 system. All is operating fine except for Mercury Mail not sending php forms.

I have MercuryC smtp relay client set up to send to my Go Daddy mail server. Mercury Test emails to this server are working fine - there seems to be no problem with Mercury itself. It is listening on all the right ports and doing its job.

The problem is with php email scripts sent from apache web pages. They just will not connect to MercuryC smpt and be sent to the Go Daddy Server. I have tested these email scripts in my website on Go Daddy and the both work fine. When I check the Mercury Mail logs, they show zero activity when an email form is sent.

Apart from email scripts, I am trying to set up a simple email link to this remote server to run xcart, which requires an email link to their web site for verification and reporting purposes.

Am new at this - there is something simple that I am missing.

Thanks all.
Seagull

Operating System: win xpHome SP3 -Updated

Re: MercuryC smtp relay problems

Postby Nobbie » 20. November 2013 10:56

Das ist hier ein deutsches Forum.

Du musst in php.ini die Werte für SMTP und smtp_port aktivieren (und Apache neu starten), die sind per Default auskommentiert. Sonst sendet PHP keine Emails an den Relay Server.
Nobbie

Postby Seagull » 20. November 2013 22:37

thank you for your reply, but I only speak English - I will endeavour to follow your advice anyway

Thank you
Seagull

Postby Nobbie » 20. November 2013 23:12

Seagull wrote:thank you for your reply, but I only speak English

And why do you ask in the german part of this forum, instead of the english part?
Nobbie

Postby Seagull » 20. November 2013 23:57

My first time on this forum - give me a break
Seagull

Postby Istrian » 21. November 2013 04:08

I have just upgraded to xampp 1.8.2 After hours of searching for a solution to this problem I have found a very simple fix which works on m system (win8 Pro). When I checked the directory tree for MercuryMail in MyDrive:/xampp/MercuryMail I noticed that there was no "QUEUE" folder so I just created one. (D:/xampp/MercuryMail/QUEUE) Bingo! Everything works as it should. Looks like the installation script does not create this "QUEUE" folder. I trust this may help others.
Istrian

Operating System: Windows 8 pro

Postby Seagull » 21. November 2013 06:23

Hi guys - solved this problem - solution may help others.
My php.ini had the line "smtp_port = 25" . I changed this to "SMTP PORT = 25"

I also left SMTP = localhost and blocked out the both sendmail_ paths

Now reads :
SMTP = localhost
SMTP PORT = 25
sendmail_from = postmaster@localhost

Thank you
Seagull

Postby Seagull » 21. November 2013 09:49

In reply to Istrian - thanks for your comments. I found Mercury Mail to be faulty in two installs I have done {missing folders-it didn't work).

I deleted the Mercury Mail folder in xampp - downloaded a same version copy of Win 32 Mercury Mail and reinstalled it into xampp with exactly the same folder location.

It works fine now - worth thinking about in your case.

Thanks for you positive reply

Seagull.
Seagull

Return to XAMPP for Windows