mod_perl on XAMPP 1.8.2 on Windows

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mod_perl on XAMPP 1.8.2 on Windows

Postby ian_g » 30. August 2013 21:13

I tried installing XAMPP 1.8.2 on Windows 7 today because I understood that it includes mod_perl.

The installation completed without any obvious errors other than conflict for port 80 (IIS was using it), but I am unable to find mod_perl.

mod_perl is not mentioned in C:\xampp\readme_en.txt
mod_perl is not mentioned in C:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf or any other file in the conf directory.
mod_perl.so is not in C:\xampp\apache\modules

Searching c:\xampp (Windows search, so maybe it is missing something) the only match on mod_perl is C:\xampp\licenses\mod_perl, which is a folder containing only a license file.

When apache starts it logs: [Sat Aug 31 07:38:02.734587 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3592:tid 252] AH00455: Apache/2.4.4 (Win32) OpenSSL/0.9.8y PHP/5.4.19 configured -- resuming normal operations

No mention of mod_perl there either.

So, I may be missing something, but it seems mod_perl isn't installed.

Checking the website again, mod_perl is listed, even in the description specific to Windows.

I uninstalled and re-installed and reviewed all the options: they were all selected for installation. I didn't see any separate option for mod_perl.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it there and I can't see it somehow? Is there some other installer I should download?

I downloaded xampp-win32-1.8.2-2-VC9-installer.exe, which seems to be the current release for Windows.
ian_g

Operating System: Windows

Return to XAMPP for Windows