Unable to put site online (XAMPP)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Unable to put site online (XAMPP)

Postby DDoinov » 09. June 2013 08:10

Hello,
I'm new in configuring XAMPP and i'm running into a problem that i cant solve. I'm trying to put a site online and it just doesnt happen. I've installed the site correctly on the server (Windows server 2008 running XAMPP).I can run it through localhost and i've also added the following lines to the configuration files:

hosts file:
Code: Select all
 127.0.0.1 localhost
 127.0.0.1 MyDomain.com
 127.0.0.1 www.MyDomain.com

httpd-vhosts.conf
Code: Select all
nameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *80>
    ServerAdmin admin@localhost.com
    DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs"
    ServerName localhost
    ServerAlias localhost
    <Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost MyDomain.com>
    ServerAdmin admin@localhost.com
    DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/MyDomain.com_new"
    ServerName MyDomain.com
    ServerAlias MyDomain.com
    <Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/MyDomain.com_new">
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Now the problem that i'm ecountering is that if i type MyDomain.com on the local machine everything is fine but when i try to access it through internet i either get "Object not found!" error or in one instance (while trying other similar configurations) the server redirected me to the local path (localhost/mydomain/index.php) rather then to www.mydomain.com/index.php. I've looked through a number of tutorials explaining how to configure a domain on XAMPP and its always the same- edit the hosts file and the virtual hosts file of the apache server and thats it. I'm obviuosly missing something. I'll be greatfull for any suggestions you can offer. Thank you.

I should clarify that the domain name is correctly directed to the server hosting the site. That much i know.
DDoinov

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

Return to XAMPP for Windows