XAMMP unable to start MySql

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMMP unable to start MySql

Postby wingted » 21. May 2013 23:13

I installed Xammp a few months back, and it has been working fine ever since until today. I have created a WordPress site and it again was working until today. In the Xammp Control Panel, Apache is running. But I am unable to start My Sql.

I have checked the wp_config file to see if the database is correct, and everything looks correct. When I go to the PHPMyadmin page, I get the following error: MySQL said: Documentation
#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

When I go to the WP Login, I get an error message Error establishing Database Connection

I looked at the Status page in Xammp, and it showed the database as "Deactivated"

Now, I suppose I could uninstall Xammp, and reinstall it, but my fear is that I will lose all my content for the WP site that I created. I do have the data on the WP site I created backed up on another drive, but would that data be compromised as well?

I have not found any way to recreate the database, since I am getting the error message in MyPHPAdmin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to lose all my data.

Thanks for any help.

Ted
wingted

Re: XAMMP unable to start MySql

Postby wingted » 23. May 2013 13:31

Problem solved. After several reinstalls, I finally am up and running.

Thanks everyone for all your comments. Problem solved.

Ted
wingted

Return to XAMPP for Windows