Can't access modem settings after XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't access modem settings after XAMPP

Postby Topo1st » 12. May 2013 12:55

I have been using XAMPP for long but when I installed it, I wasn't able to access my modem/router settings anymore. And if I can't access my modem, I can't do any port forwarding either. What should I do?
Topo1st

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7

Re: Can't access modem settings after XAMPP

Postby hackattack142 » 14. May 2013 03:32

Hello,

Usually a router listens on its own internal IP address (it would be the default gateway of your connection). You can check this by opening a command prompt and running 'ipconfig'. You can then look for your connection and see the default gateway (depending on your IP Address scheme, it might be 192.168.1.1). Running XAMPP should have no effect on that IP but without knowing anything about your router/modem, your setup, or how you are trying to access things it is really hard to say one way or the other.

How are you trying to access your Modem/Router (Internal IP/External IP/other method)?
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Re: Can't access modem settings after XAMPP

Postby Topo1st » 14. May 2013 15:09

Thanks, actually I got the default gateway working right after posting this topic... I was able to access my modem settings via 192.168.1.1 IP and now, my actual IP lets me do that too. Thanks anyway :D
Topo1st

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows