Newb XAMPP Query

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Newb XAMPP Query

Postby tchari » 25. April 2013 19:16

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to XAMPP. I'm using it to locally develop some stuff for my organizations internal website. The problem I'm having, which I'm not sure how to solve, is that my "Add-On"s/Extensions/various .php files are saved in several folders in the the xampp/htdocs/ folder and they won't talk to each other. For example, I have the following require_once command:
Code: Select all
require_once( "../extensions/StubManager/StubManager.php" );

stored in a file called LocalSettings.php that when called, fails to find the StubManager.php file.

the StubManager.php file is located here: C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki\extensions
the LocalSettings.php file is located here: C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki\

I have already tried replacing "../extensions/StubManager/StubManager.php" with "C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki\extensionsStubManager.php" AND "localhost/mediawiki/extensions/StubManager/StubManager.php" neither of which work.

The precise error I get is:
Warning: require_once(localhost/mediawiki/extensions/StubManager/StubManager.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki\LocalSettings.php on line 136

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'localhost/mediawiki/extensions/StubManager/StubManager.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki;C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki/includes;C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki/languages;.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\mediawiki\LocalSettings.php on line 136

Note, this is not an issue exclusive to the mediawiki files, I have several folders in the htdocs folder I'd like to get talking to each other but can't tell them where each other are...

Here's what I'd like to know:
How does XAMPP handle directories? It's fairly clear on a websever how I'd solve this problem, but on this pseudo-virtual webserver/local webserver thing, I'm not sure because I just don't know how XAMPP deals with directories.

Thanks,
-TRC
tchari

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows