XAMPP not parsing directory reference correctly

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP not parsing directory reference correctly

Postby susieprice6 » 23. January 2013 19:37

Hi

I'm a complete newbie to XAMPP but have downloaded it so I can use the Liveview functionality in Dreamweaver. I was pretty sure I'd set it up correctly but for some reason it kept saying it can't establish a connection with the database so I checked the PIP errors and it came up with this:

[22-Jan-2013 19:04:23 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2
[22-Jan-2013 19:23:18 UTC] PHP Warning: require(./wp-blog-header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\travelweb\blog\wp\index_19t2bh1kiu.php on line 17
[22-Jan-2013 19:23:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './wp-blog-header.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\travelweb\blog\wp\index_19t2bh1kiu.php on line 17
[22-Jan-2013 19:23:31 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\travelweb\blog\wp/wp-load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\travelweb\blog\wp\wp-blog-header.php on line 12
[22-Jan-2013 19:23:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\travelweb\blog\wp/wp-load.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\travelweb\blog\wp\wp-blog-header.php on line 12

and looking at the line 2 error I see that it's trying to find the file in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php whereas the file is in fact stored in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php ie it appears to be adding in a second /xampp/ directory before the file name.

I wondered if anyone had any idea why this is happening and what I could do to fix it. I hoping fixing this might solve subsequent errors ... but I'm not sure!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to give me.

Susie
susieprice6

Operating System: Window 8

Re: XAMPP not parsing directory reference correctly

Postby hackattack142 » 30. January 2013 00:16

Hello,

the htdocs/index.php default xampp file will redirect to the htdocs/xampp folder. You can rename/edit/move that index file if you do not want that redirection.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows