Expected Path Error MySQL

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Expected Path Error MySQL

Postby CoreXi7 » 08. January 2013 23:26

Hi guys I need help I just moved my entire xampp folder from one of my computers to my other one and everything seems to work except for MySQL

I get this error

MySQL Service detected with wrong path
22:01:33 [mysql] Change XAMPP MySQL settings or
22:01:33 [mysql] Uninstall/disable the other service manually first
22:01:33 [mysql] Found Path: c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=c:\xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini mysql
22:01:33 [mysql] Expected Path: c:\users\peder\desktop\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=c:\users\peder\desktop\xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini mysql

I know its in the wrong path I just need to know how to change the path to the correct one?
CoreXi7

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Expected Path Error MySQL

Postby hackattack142 » 09. January 2013 03:09

If you have another MySQL instance on that machine, you will be replacing the service.

You might just be able to open the XAMPP Control Panel, uncheck the green Service check by MySQL to uninstall it and recheck it to reinstall it.

If that does not work, you can remove it manually by opening a command prompt (Start > Run > cmd) and running:
Code: Select all
sc delete mysql
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby CoreXi7 » 09. January 2013 21:08

hackattack142 wrote:If you have another MySQL instance on that machine, you will be replacing the service.

You might just be able to open the XAMPP Control Panel, uncheck the green Service check by MySQL to uninstall it and recheck it to reinstall it.

If that does not work, you can remove it manually by opening a command prompt (Start > Run > cmd) and running:
Code: Select all
sc delete mysql

thank you for the reply. but will that delete all the databases i have inside stored or no? im tring to not lose them.
any idea?
CoreXi7

Postby hackattack142 » 10. January 2013 00:20

No, this will only remove the MySQL Windows Service. It will not modify anything in your XAMPP folder.

You don't have to install it as a service though either. If the one on your desktop is temporary anyway, you can just open the XAMPP Control Panel config, go to 'Service and Port Settings', go to the MySQL tab, and change the service name to something else (eg. mysql2). This should remove the conflict it has when starting up. You should be able to use it after that as long as the other one is not currently running.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby CoreXi7 » 12. January 2013 02:38

hackattack142 wrote:No, this will only remove the MySQL Windows Service. It will not modify anything in your XAMPP folder.

You don't have to install it as a service though either. If the one on your desktop is temporary anyway, you can just open the XAMPP Control Panel config, go to 'Service and Port Settings', go to the MySQL tab, and change the service name to something else (eg. mysql2). This should remove the conflict it has when starting up. You should be able to use it after that as long as the other one is not currently running.

Thank you!

got it fixed
CoreXi7

Return to XAMPP for Windows