PHP not working on xampp 1.8.1 or 1.7.7 [Solved]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP not working on xampp 1.8.1 or 1.7.7 [Solved]

Postby natepoofacelord » 07. December 2012 03:47

I cannot put it any more plainly than that... I was under the impression that xampp worked out of the box and that I could just open php files.

Can anyone explain to me how to get PHP files to open?

The html files obviously work because they will just open anyway, as you know. PHP files just do nothing at all or they will open up displaying the code...

I have one php file that I KNOW works because it works on my godaddy hosting.

Yes I do know which folder to open it from (htdocs). The index.php file in there just displays code on the browser.
Yes I am opening them from the browser
Yes I have tried more than one browser

As far as I know I have all required parts of VS 2008 (as far as I know). Incidentally I run VS 2010 but I doubt it would matter. I even tried installing the file that was suggested for VS2008 but it was obviously already there. I am a computing student at university so I have the full works.

By the way, there are 20000 files contained in the xampp folder. If there is a confg file that needs to be altered it would be really handy if someone could specify where it is.

Thanks
natepoofacelord

Operating System: windows 7

Re: PHP not working on xampp 1.8.1 or 1.7.7

Postby natepoofacelord » 07. December 2012 04:07

Hold on a minute; I just somehow managed to get this working just after posting this...

Localhost is now working in 1.7.7. It was not working in 1.8.1 so I uninstalled and put 1.7.7 on instead. I thought it still wasn't working but it was because I was just putting the folder location in the browser and not "localhost".

1.7.7 will suffice to be honest so this thread can be disregarded.
natepoofacelord

Operating System: windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows