After upgrading to Xampp 1.8.1, can't view my sites

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

After upgrading to Xampp 1.8.1, can't view my sites

Postby olutsen » 06. November 2012 09:29

I was using xampp 1.7.0 but just decided to upgrade to xampp 1.8.1. I uninstalled the 1.7 but didn't uninstall the htdocs and mysql server.
I now installed 1.8 and create passwords for the xampp directory and mysql through the xampp security page.
Unfortunately, I can't view my sites again, they all give errors, this is a sample error:

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 29
Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\loader.php on line 71
Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 32
Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\loader.php on line 71
Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\loader.php on line 138
Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::clean() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 33
Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::_cleanArray() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\3nity\libraries\joomla\environment\request.php on line 463

Please what can I do because i don't have a backup of all the sites, 5 years of hard work with a current clients project at hand now.

I use a win 7 operating system 64bit, used xampp-win32-1.8.1-VC9-installer.
olutsen

Operating System: Windows 7, 64bit

Re: After upgrading to Xampp 1.8.1, can't view my sites

Postby JJ_Tagy » 06. November 2012 11:44

You didn't lose anything. A simple search for strict standards will yield you the answer on this message board.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby Nobbie » 06. November 2012 11:59

olutsen wrote: Please what can I do because i don't have a backup of all the sites, 5 years of hard work with a current clients project at hand now.

It is always a very bad idea not to do a backup. You should do a backup NOW. Never ever change a running system without any reason and never ever without doing a backup. In any case, you have to blame yourself, if something is lost.

I cannot understand why people dont do backups. Do you wanna learn it "the hard way"? Fortunately (for now) it may end up good.
Nobbie

Postby olutsen » 06. November 2012 12:44

JJ_Tagy wrote:You didn't lose anything. A simple search for strict standards will yield you the answer on this message board.

Thanks for your reply, would start that now!
olutsen

Postby olutsen » 06. November 2012 12:46

Nobbie wrote:
olutsen wrote: Please what can I do because i don't have a backup of all the sites, 5 years of hard work with a current clients project at hand now.

It is always a very bad idea not to do a backup. You should do a backup NOW. Never ever change a running system without any reason and never ever without doing a backup. In any case, you have to blame yourself, if something is lost.

I cannot understand why people dont do backups. Do you wanna learn it "the hard way"? Fortunately (for now) it may end up good.

I have already learnt my lesson. Thanks! Would let you guys know if it went well or not!
olutsen

Return to XAMPP for Windows