Install and not able to un-install some files

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Install and not able to un-install some files

Postby amitabhateo » 23. October 2012 08:33

New to this programme ,also new here and knew about this software from one of the dreamweaver book. I have downloaded it in other folder instead of C drive. Try to un-install the wrong folder but some of the xaMPP still there, not able to delete as in stated permission needed. How to get rid of these files and wish to download to c drive. Please help on this issue. At the same time not able to define or discover the php file from the previous download XaMPP, THAT THE REASON WANT TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE FILE IN THE C DRIVE. Do I need to re-configure after successfull downloading? Sorry it alien to me and need a patience mentor or gurus to guide me along... thanks in advance Using Window vista and version 1.81.
amitabhateo

Operating System: window vista

Re: Install and not able to un-install some files

Postby hackattack142 » 25. October 2012 04:14

If you installed any of the XAMPP modules as a Windows Service, you need to manually remove those services via the command line since you deleted the rest of the files and it should then let you delete the rest of the files.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows