Just installed the latest XAMPP on Windows 7, because I was tired of working with WAMP (it doesn't have SMTP or SSL).
I brought up the snappy new control panel and played around with the settings a bit. I went to the localhost page and it loaded, as did the status page. w00t!
Then i switched to services. And things went downhill from there. In fact, the control panel would crash when I tried to reload it.
So I uninstalled XAMPP, and reinstalled it. And everything seemed to be working from the control panel's perspective. Except now I get this 403 Access Forbidden error on the localhost page, as well as on my dev directory.
I did some digging around, and tweaked the httpd-xampp.conf file some; but to no avail. So here's what I've got now:
- Code: Select all
# Deny from all
Allow from ::1 127.0.0.0/8 \
fc00::/7 10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/16 \
ErrorDocument 403 /error/XAMPP_FORBIDDEN.html.var
I hope someone can help. (And thank you ahead of time, of course.)