I have been troubled for a few hours now, so I am hoping for a bit of help from you guys.
I have installed XAMPP 1.8.0 and have green lights on Apache and MySQL.
Today I can't log in to PHPMYADMIN, I don't know the exact reason, but I was hoping you guys know how to fix this.
Last actions I have tried, made perfectly sense for me, but it did not change a thing:
1) I executed: resetroot.bat in mysql
2) I reset my root password to 'mypassword' in xampp - security
3) I changed the config.inc.php file: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; and $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; and $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'mypassword';
4) I restarted the mysql server
5) checked if myphpadmin worked again, but unfortunately: Cannot connect: invalid settings.
I want to pullout my own hear, but I'm looking awfully as a bold! So please help me, hope that you guys can!
The Netherlands, Amsterdam.