MySql Can't Connect

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySql Can't Connect

Postby zardiw » 16. September 2012 22:41

I give up. Look at this crap. I've tried every method known to Google and STILL the ONLY apparent solution is to DOWNGRADE to 1.7.3..NUTS:

Yeah, believe me...have spent HOURS on this.........and know ALL about the old vs new password crap......NOTHING WORKS.............

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:554) in X:\xampp\htdocs\PHP\8KConnxet883kkcm23.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected in X:\xampp\htdocs\PHP\8KConnxet883kkcm23.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in X:\xampp\htdocs\PHP\8KConnxet883kkcm23.php on line 15

z

z
zardiw

Re: MySql Can't Connect

Postby zardiw » 16. September 2012 23:03

Another benefit from Xampp v 1.7.3 is a browser window with phpMyAdmin actually opens when you hit Admin on MySql.....

Bottom line though is you guys have done an AMAZING job bringing this to peeps .......for free no less.......Everyone should donate...is there a link?........z
zardiw

Re: MySql Can't Connect

Postby JonB » 17. September 2012 16:51

Should we presume that you solved your own issue?

8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows