I just want to say in advance that I appreciate your patience because I'm not very well versed with XAMPP other than to start its services when I turn on my computer so I can develop Joomla sites.
I have my chrome browser set to open a set of tabs with a few websites that I am currently developing.
One day none of them decided to load.
And I realized my mysql service was not starting.
I tried a few of the solutions posted on the forum, but nothing seemed to work.
My SQL would run for a few seconds, and then stop.
The error log shows nothing of any significants (to me at least).
Here are a few things about the computer:
- I am running XAMPP 1.7.7 on Windows 7 64bit
- There were no changes in the computer's software or hardware setting.
- Windows firewall is deactivated
- Windows UAC is deactivated
- Apache is running fine on port 80 and 443
- MySQL is not listed in NetStat
- xampp/phpmyadmin yields error #2002
Here are a few things I have tried:
- commenting/uncommenting line with 127.0.0.1 inside xampp/mysql/bin/my.ini
- uninstalling mysql as a service from cmd.exe using command sc delete mysql
- reinstalling mysql as a service and force start from service manager yields error 1067
Here is the log from error.log in mysql
- Code: Select all
120909 10:40:19 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
120909 10:40:19 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
120909 10:40:19 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functions
120909 10:40:19 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
120909 10:40:19 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 16.0M
120909 10:40:19 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
120909 10:40:19 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda.
120909 10:40:20 InnoDB: Waiting for the background threads to start
120909 10:40:21 InnoDB: 1.1.8 started; log sequence number 189322352
Please let me know if I can provide any more information to make it easier for you guys to diagnose my problem.
Lastly, if there is no way to get my MYSQL running again with this XAMPP installation, is there any way for me to salvage my existing Joomla websites + database so I can reinstall XAMPP and continue to develop on a new XAMPP installation?
Your help is much appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance!