I want to run XAMPP on my Windows 2008R2 64-bit dev machine so that I can host a local copy of my blog. I thought would install XAMP but realised I would need to disable IIS 7
- First I nuke IIS 7 with net stop was /y
- Check what could be listening on port 80 with C:\Users\Administrator> netstat -anb
- Uncheck Skype ->Advance-Connection -> Ports 80 and 443
- edit Httpd.conf to ensure server listens on port 80
- edit the /windows/system32/drives/etc/hosts
Note, I don't think I can add another real or virtual network card in this instance.
I am still getting an error when attempting to start Apache
TCP 127.0.0.1:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING Can not obtain ownership information
20:30:59 [main] Control Panel Version: 3.0.12 [ Compiled: June 24th 2012 ] 20:30:59 [main] Running with Administrator rights - good! 20:30:59 [main] XAMPP Installation Directory: "c:\devtools\xampp\" 20:30:59 [main] Initializing Modules 20:30:59 [apache] Possible problem detected! 20:30:59 [apache] Port 80 in use by "system"! 20:30:59 [mercury] Possible problem detected! 20:30:59 [mercury] Port 110 in use by "inetinfo.exe"! 20:30:59 [tomcat] Possible problem detected!
I do get Apache started if I change the port in 82 or 8080
Any advice please.