Installing XamppLite [Answered]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Installing XamppLite [Answered]

Postby ficus robusta » 11. August 2012 14:04

Hi all,

apologies in advance for a newb question.

Can I install XAMPPLITE on a USB and use it on a PC which already has the full version of XAMPP installed?

I don't have any XAMPP components running as a service and don't need to have XAMPP and XAMPPLITE running simultaneously

If so will I need to change the port on the XAMPPLITE instance to something other than 80 or 8080?

I could just try it and find out but I want to check it's even possible before I do!

I'm using XAMPP Control Panel Version 3.0.12 if that's relevant.

Thanks in advance.

Ficus
ficus robusta
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 11. August 2012 13:43
Operating System: XP Pro SP3

Re: Installing XamppLite

Postby Altrea » 11. August 2012 15:21

Hi Ficus,

ficus robusta wrote:Can I install XAMPPLITE on a USB and use it on a PC which already has the full version of XAMPP installed?

yes

ficus robusta wrote:I don't have any XAMPP components running as a service and don't need to have XAMPP and XAMPPLITE running simultaneously

That are good preconditions.

ficus robusta wrote:If so will I need to change the port on the XAMPPLITE instance to something other than 80 or 8080?

If you don't run them simultaneously, you don't need to change the ports

best wishes,
Altrea
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!

It's like porn for programmers 8)
User avatar
Altrea
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 8294
Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
XAMPP version: several
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: Installing XamppLite

Postby ficus robusta » 11. August 2012 15:26

Thanks Altrea.

I'll give it a go!
ficus robusta
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 11. August 2012 13:43
Operating System: XP Pro SP3


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests