apache doesnt run or install after installing xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

apache doesnt run or install after installing xampp

Postby jpullins101 » 14. June 2012 14:01

after install which shows no errors apache isnt checked from the control panel. CHeck the box to use as a service and hit start and get (busy... apache started port 80)
but the green running indicator never comes on and if i close the control panel and open it again the box isnt checked.
tried : C:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe and get : C:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe the specified path does not exist check the path and try again later.
this is on a new install of xp and have done all the updates. apache version is the 2.2.21

i have downloaded and installed ver. 2.2.22 and it seems to work and the indicator goes green after starting it from the xampp control panel but when i hit support button it takes me to a page that says "it works" or something to that effect but not the xampp web GUI that i thought it was supposed to go to from the steps listed on the setup instructions.
what am i doing wrong??
jpullins101

Operating System: windows xp

Re: apache doesnt run or install after installing xampp

Postby jpullins101 » 14. June 2012 14:33

when i click "admin" on the mysql listing from the xampp control panel it takes me to a page cannot be displayed screen and i am unable to get to the xampp welcome screen
jpullins101

Operating System: windows xp

Re: apache doesnt run or install after installing xampp

Postby JonB » 15. June 2012 15:40

Use the new xampp-control-beta (found in the root of xampp) and click on 'netstat'. Make sure ports 80 & 443 are both free

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows