Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
Is it possible to upgrade filezilla to latest version.
If so how do i go about it
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 31. May 2012 08:28
- Operating System: windows 7
upgrading any of the XAMPP single components is not supported here.
But because FileZilla Server is very loose coupled it can be easy upgraded.
- stop your FileZilla processes if running
- rename your \xampp\FileZillaFTP folder to have a backup if anything fails
- install the current version of FileZilla Server (Components FileZilla Server (Service) + Administration Interface, nothing more) to \xampp\FileZillaFTP
- don't install any FileZilla Services the installation process recommends
- copy the configuration files FileZilla Server.xml + FileZilla Server Interface.xml from your backup to your \xampp\FileZillaFTP folder
- rename (or copy) your FileZilla server.exe to FileZillaServer.exe (the XAMPP batch files are matching that name)
- Start your XAMPP control panel and start your FileZilla Server from it
- Start your FileZilla Administration interface, go to the settings and confirm them once (just if anything in the configs are changed)
This instruction is without any warranty. Errors resulting of this upgrade can't be supported here.
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!It's like porn for programmers
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 8597
- Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
- XAMPP version: several
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Return to XAMPP for Windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests