Creating database for joomla

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Creating database for joomla

Postby Pally1 » 14. May 2012 15:54

Greetings,

I want to create a database to start making a joomla website, and i would like to make a protected database with password, and i want to export that database to upload to the host server.
Problem is that i cant find any good guides fdiscribing on how to do it and i also managed to kill xampp entirely by adding password to what i tought was the database which i made.
Are there any good guides describing this process of creating and exporting databases?

Thank you!
Pally1

Re: Creating database for joomla

Postby Pally1 » 14. May 2012 16:10

Cant open phpmyadmin anymore =[, i changed a password to what i understood as my database, and now when i try to open phpmyadmin, it sais:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
Cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

What can i do to get it back?
Pally1

Postby JonB » 14. May 2012 17:35

The 'root' user and its password "should" be what you try to access phpMyAdmin with -

i.e. you should try user 'root' and either a null (nothing) for the password - or if you used the XAMPP security option - try "that" password. IF all else fails (next step) there's a method for clearing the root password on MySQL.

As far as Guides - for myself -- I used the LinuxCBT videos series (now available as streamed subscription) to learn the basics of MySQL. The guy's a bit dry, but he sure knows his stuff. There is a LOT to know to get to grips with MySQL.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby Pally1 » 14. May 2012 17:49

Ye but how do i enter password to access phpmyadmin? Cozwhen i try to open it through my browser it display only this error messege and nothing else, no login options or anything...
Pally1

Postby JonB » 14. May 2012 22:22

you may need to fix config.inc.php

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2341 ... phpmyadmin

you need to have it (authentication) set to 'cookie'

Good Luck
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows