[Help]phpMyAdmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

[Help]phpMyAdmin

Postby Nemesis2147 » 08. April 2012 15:45

Hello, sorry if i post this on WRONG Thread, please correct me, since i'm new with XAMPP.
Anyways, i would like to ask some curiosity about the phpMyAdmin.

After i install the XAMPP, i looked for the phpMyAdmin
I found this line on the footer.

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root'.

May, i asked? Where can i find my DEFAULT ID AND PASSWORD for my Database? i'm new with this little thingy.
And where part should i configure it?

i would like to change my username: root to testing123 and password: would be test123.
How to do that?

Helping greatly appreciated thank you!

Thank you!
Nemesis2147

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Re: [Help]phpMyAdmin

Postby gkubu » 10. April 2012 19:07

the user id is root, and there is no default password (i.e. the password is empty).

There should be a page "Privileges" in phpmyadmin where you can configure users. However, I would like to suggest you read the respective parts of the manuals before. phpmyadmin documentation is available via the question mark button, a link to mysql documentation is at http://localhost/xampp/index.php

Take care

Gerhard
gkubu

Operating System: Ubuntu 11.10 Intel 64Bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows