Absolute Paths Not Working on New XAMPP Install

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Absolute Paths Not Working on New XAMPP Install

Postby nickstaroba » 29. March 2012 17:21

I recently installed a new operating systems and thus a new install of XAMPP. I am now using XAMPP lite but I had been using the regular version on the old OS. I have everything working now except the actual site I built.

The problem I'm having is that my php includes that use absolute paths are no longer working.

I get this error:

Code: Select all
Warning: include(/StandardAdmin/_includes/global.login.control.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Documents\Websites\www.website.com\StandardAdmin\ControlPanel\index.php on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/StandardAdmin/_includes/global.login.control.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in D:\Documents\Websites\www.website.com\StandardAdmin\ControlPanel\index.php on line 7

Includes work just fine when done from the root directory though. This is very confusing. Is there some setting in the new install that I need to change?

Thanks for any help.
nickstaroba

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Re: Absolute Paths Not Working on New XAMPP Install

Postby nickstaroba » 29. March 2012 19:15

Ok, I found a change I had made in php.ini:

Code: Select all
include_path = ".;D:\Documents\Websites\www.website.com"

Hoping this won't kill it all again when I put it on the production server. Guess I'll find out...
nickstaroba

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows