Filezilla and Apache won't start.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Filezilla and Apache won't start.

Postby Have Fun » 25. March 2012 23:09

I am running Windows 7 home premium and Xampp 1.7.7

When I installed Xampp, Filezilla started, but it does not anymore. Now when I try to start Filezilla, the XAMPP control panel tells me:
Busy...
FileZilla started.

Then nothing happens.

When I try to start apache, it tells me:
Busy...
Apache started [Port 80]

Furthermore, it appears to start and says running and the start button changes to stop and the admin button activates, but that is very brief. I soon changes back to as before.

Any ideas as to how to help this?
Have Fun

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Filezilla and Apache won't start.

Postby Sharley » 25. March 2012 23:22

You could use the version 3 control panel found in the xampp installation folder:
xampp-control-3-beta.exe
Right click on it to select to run as an admin for best results.

Stop all XAMPP components and remove the ticks in the Svc check boxes then click on Exit in the older 2.5 version before starting this version 3 control panel.

Just to add, the latest and greatest Control Panel Version 3 download post is linked below my signature.

Simply extract all the files from the CPv3 folder in to the xampp installation folder and overwrite when asked - do not extract the CPv3 folder complete, only extract it's content.

Then right click the xampp-control-3-beta10.exe file to run as administrator and to create a shortcut to the desktop for example, for easier access.

Make sure that you have exited all other control panel versions before starting this latest version.

This version 3 (XCPv3) control panel has many new features including a much more detailed log window and a button to easily access the log files to help with troubleshooting start and running issues.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows