PHPAdmin Login Error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHPAdmin Login Error

Postby Coastalguy » 04. March 2012 18:40

I was in PHPAdmin, and created a new user, after which I deleted it. Now when I try to login with my main login ID and Password, I get the following error "Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

Again, everything was working fine, until the new user setup and removal. I have gone into localhost/security and reset the password (setting the text option). I checked this file and it definitely shows the password as what I set up. However, I still get this error when trying to login (with an obviously valid ID and Password). Anyone have a clue on this?
Coastalguy

XAMPP version: 1.7.7
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Premium

Re: PHPAdmin Login Error

Postby Sharley » 04. March 2012 23:52

Try running the resetroot.bat file found in the \xampp\mysql folder (right click and select to run as an administrator).

This should delete the current root user's password so you can start again by adding it in the security section of the XAMPP Admin page.

Good luck. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: PHPAdmin Login Error

Postby Coastalguy » 05. March 2012 00:54

Tried to run the reset, and continually received errors that my firewall was blocking it. However, I had rebooted Win7, and had not tried phpadmin again, but just did and it logged in fine. Not sure what the problem was but whatever it was disappeared.
Thanks,
Coastalguy

XAMPP version: 1.7.7
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Premium

Return to XAMPP for Windows