XAMPP1.7.7 on WinXP, Attempt to reload DynaLoader.pm aborted

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP1.7.7 on WinXP, Attempt to reload DynaLoader.pm aborted

Postby r390gt1 » 21. February 2012 07:23

I just installed the XAMPP 1.7.7 on a Windows XP SP3 PC, it failed to start the Apache

Attempt to reload DynaLoader.pm aborted.\n
Compilation failed in require at C:/xampp/perl/site/lib/ModPerl/Const.pm line 18.\n
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/xampp/perl/site/lib/ModPerl/Const.pm line 18.\n
Compilation failed in require at C:/xampp/perl/site/lib/Apache2/Const.pm line 18.\n
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/xampp/perl/site/lib/Apache2/Const.pm line 18.\n
Compilation failed in require at C:/xampp/apache/conf/extra/startup.pl line 9.\n
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/xampp/apache/conf/extra/startup.pl line 9.\n
Compilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n

Does anyone has a clue?
r390gt1

Operating System: Windows XP

Re: XAMPP1.7.7 on WinXP, Attempt to reload DynaLoader.pm abo

Postby panco » 21. February 2012 09:05

:D
Just find out why.... It is because I installed the Oracle 10g on my PC and it set the PERL5LIB system environment variable. eg. PERL5LIB=c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib ...........etc. As the Perl version is not compatible with one used by XAMPP 1.7.7 (eg. perl 5.10.1), it fails to load the DynaLoader.pm

one way to fix it is to un-set the PERL5LIB to <empty string> because start-up the Apache. (eg. PERL5LIB= )
panco

Operating System: Windows XP

Return to XAMPP for Windows