Must run from root directory?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Must run from root directory?

Postby Genta » 06. February 2012 22:56

I've been trying to figure out how to use Joomla for the last three days and I'm frustrated beyond belief. I'm an old lady 55, and I'm not stupid, but I feel so completely out of my league.

I finally found the steps to get started in Joomla, and it told me to download the XAMMP program to my computer. Which I did. Then the program told me it wouldn't run because I had UAC enabled on my Vista OS. OK - another two hours and I finally figured out how to turn the UAC off. Reinstalled XAMMP and opened the control panel - except it won't open. Instead I get a message in the XAMPP Control Panel that says:

Status Check failure [-2]
This program must be run from your Xammp root directory.

I'm ready to drop dead from frustration. Can anyone help me to get this program to work so I can finally figure out Joomla so I can finally begin work on the Website I bought??? Please?
Genta

Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: Must run from root directory?

Postby hackattack142 » 06. February 2012 23:31

The control panel should be run from your base xampp directory and should not be moved from there.

Where did you install xampp to?

If it is in C:\xampp for example then you should just be able to run the control panel from within that folder.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Re: Must run from root directory?

Postby Genta » 06. February 2012 23:53

I stored it in C: So right now it's:

C:
xampp

When I click open the folder I see 20 folders from anonymous to webdav and below a list of 16 .bat and .txt I finally get to the xampp icon on 4 .exe:

Uninstall.exe
xampp_start.exe
xampp_stop.exe
xampp_control.exe

When I double click the xampp_start.exe icon I get a black screen that starts with:

XAMPP now starts as a console application.

Instead of pressing Control-C in this console window, please use xampp_stop.exe to stop XAMPP, because it lets XAMPP end any current transactions and cleanup gracefully.

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. :make _ sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down

Unable to open logs
Genta

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to XAMPP for Windows