Hi, I tried to install Wordpress locally with:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- Xampp 1.7.7
- Wordpress 3.3.1
- fresh wordpress unzipped in htdocs
- launch xampp
- start Apache and MySQL (Apache is actually using port 80, no other process locked it)
- create new db in phpMyAdmin
- create wp-config.php to match db configuration (db = wordpress, user = root, no password)
- run wordpress installation
- submit site info
After submitting site info I get a blank page with just wordpress banner, neither success nor error message.
- In the db every table is empty but wp_options
- I can access the site but no user is set
- admin isn't created and I can't administrate the site.
I experienced the same exact problem with WAMP and EasyPHP.
Can you help me please?