Xampp Firewall Problem??

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp Firewall Problem??

Postby XamppHelp » 29. January 2012 00:04

Hi guys,
I have installed xampp 1.7.7 on my windows pro.
After clicking on security, it gives following message :

A MySQL server is not running or is blocked by a firewall!
and status as Unknown.

When I click on http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php below the above statement, it says The MySQL server is not running or is blocked by a firewall! Please check this problem first ...

When I open Xampp control panel, the status of mysql is "Running"

I am not able to setup password to user root for mysql.

Need help
XamppHelp

Operating System: Windows Pro

Re: Xampp Firewall Problem??

Postby Sharley » 29. January 2012 00:25

Important first step!
Would you be so kind as to edit your forum profile and add the correct Windows Operating System version as simply Windows Pro does not help when troubleshooting possible OS related issues.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48626
Thanks. :)

You could use the version 3 control panel found in the xampp installation folder:
xampp-control-3-beta.exe
Right click on it to select to run as an admin for best results.
Stop all XAMPP components and remove the ticks in the Svc check boxes then click on Exit in the older 2.5 version before starting this version 3 control panel.

Just to add, the latest and greatest Control Panel Version 3 download post is linked below my signature.
Simply extract all the files and folder from the CPv3 folder in the archive to the xampp installation folder and overwrite when asked - do not extract the CPv3 folder but extract only it's contents.
Then right click the exe file to run as administrator and to create a shortcut to the desktop, for example, for easier access.

Make sure that you have exited all other control panel versions before starting this latest version.

This version 3 (XCPv3) control panel has many new features including a much more detailed log window to help with troubleshooting start issues and you will find a Logs button to take you to the MySQL error log file.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows