As pointed out above make sure your Oracle is compatible with the 32 bit VC9 compiled Apache/PHP in 1.7.7.
Also would you please edit your profile to reflect that you are using a 64 bit Windows version as it is important for correct support - thanks. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48626
I did see a work around for your issue where the solution was to copy the oci.dll
from your compatible Oracle installation into the C:\xampp\apache\bin
and the C:\xampp\php
In the much older 1.7.1 version this oci.dll was found in the php and the apache\bin folders of xampp.
I tried using the oci.dll found in the 1.7.1 version in the 1.7.7 version but as far as I can tell it was looking for the Oracle installation by giving an error:
The procedure entry point OCIPing could not be found in the dynamic link library oci.dll
which leads me to believe I would have to install Oracle and copy over the oci.dll found in Oracle to the apache\bin and the php folder in 1.7.7 (this may not be needed if Oracle made an entry in the Path of the System Environment Variables.
I also believe you may need to uncomment the
- Code: Select all
file in the [PECL} section of the php.ini file as well as the one you have already uncommented - this is only a suggestion which was found in the Apache Lounge forum by a poster who was not sure because of no experience with Oracle.
BTW the php_oci8_11g.dll
is included in the 1.7.7 version in the php\ext folder and only requires an entry to be created in the Dynamic Extensions
section of the php.ini file if you need this dll, also you may need to comment out the older php_oci8.dll once again.
The above might be worth a try to see if it helps and please let us know back if it did so it may help others with a similar issue.