my xampp stopped working! [SOLVED]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

my xampp stopped working! [SOLVED]

Postby garciasanchezdani » 19. January 2012 23:16

Hello friends!!

I have a nightmare with my xampp :( because I downloaded and installed it properly in my job pc.
It worked for me, and I designed some websites in my pc without problems, and today I tried to start xampp as every days but it doesn't work :oops:
and I forgot copy the databases of some websites from phpmyadmin to my pc, so if this xampp doesn't work I won't retrieve these databases...

What can be happening?

I hope your answer.
Thanks in advance, Daniel

NOTE: My pc job had installed few xampp directories more, but I haven't modified anything.
garciasanchezdani

Operating System: Windows XP

Re: my xampp stopped working! :(

Postby Sharley » 19. January 2012 23:45

Hello Daniel.

Please read the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for clues why Apache can't start.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby garciasanchezdani » 20. January 2012 09:13

Hello Sharley, thanks you very much for your fast reply :wink:

This is the output of my error.log file:

[Fri Jan 20 09:16:57 2012] [warn] pid file C:/xampp5/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Fri Jan 20 09:16:57 2012] [error] (OS 5)Acceso denegado. : could not create C:/xampp5/apache/logs/httpd.pid
[Fri Jan 20 09:16:57 2012] [error] httpd.exe: could not log pid to file C:/xampp5/apache/logs/httpd.pid
garciasanchezdani

Postby Sharley » 20. January 2012 09:28

Daniel, have you changed the logged on user of Windows XP?

You need to be logged into Windows XP as an Administrator.

(OS 5) Access is denied is a permission issue with your Windows XP and Apache can't write the PID file.

Also right click on the folder xampp5 then selct Properties and make sure the whole folder tree is not read only - change it by removing the tick in the check box click Apply and OK to close the Properties and try again to start Apache.

Let me know how you get on please.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby garciasanchezdani » 20. January 2012 10:10

You are right!! :lol: Thanks you!!!!!!!!

I accessed as administrator and I can access to my database...you are my god hahaha

Now, I find explication to this, some weeks ago I had problems with my user login of windows xp, so I had to login that time as admin...and in that time I installed this xampp, and this week we fixed the problem with my account, and I went back to login with my normal user, and for this xampp doesn't let me access...right?

I have one question: is possible change this xampp in order to lets me access with an account different of administrator?

Congratulations for the forum, is excellent!! :wink:
garciasanchezdani

Postby Sharley » 20. January 2012 10:19

garciasanchezdani wrote:I have one question: is possible change this xampp in order to lets me access with an account different of administrator?
Sorry, I am not aware of any method as there are many times in XAMPP that you need Admin privileges to write and execute files, after all you are the web server administrator. ;)

Thanks for the feedback Daniel and I am pleased you can now move forward. 8)

I will close this topic and mark it solved.

Please feel free to open a new topic if you have any other issues with XAMPP.

Best wishes. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows