MySQL blocked message [Solved]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL blocked message [Solved]

Postby je543 » 13. January 2012 14:47

Hi,

I have installed XCP.v.3.0.2 on windows xp-sp3. when I go to set security passwords in Apache admin for MySQL, the message is MySQL is blocked by a firewall. The firewall was disabled.
When I tried to log in again to Apache admin after just setting my security password the log in kept failing.

Then the Blue screen of Death occurred. Message was "Age-fault-in-nonpager-area" win 32k.sys." This just advised to remove any newly installed software. I bought the PC 12 years ago so its old but good.

Removing the comment from the my.ini.php file has not appeared to fix it. I have also enable cookies.

Any advise on where I could receive assistance payed or not to get this working would be appreciated.

Regs,

Je543
je543

Operating System: Windows XP sp3

Re: MySQL blocked message

Postby JonB » 14. January 2012 20:05

page-fault-in-nonpaged-area

NOT an issue with how old a machine is (if you were thinking that), BUT could easily be a result of that. RAM and HD probably should be tested

A very good explanation:

http://ohonei.hubpages.com/hub/What-Is- ... paged-Area

Try to repeat the error. Many page-faults are due to temporary conditions in the machine, usually a 'bit stuck high' or memory location failure in non-ECC memory.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: MySQL blocked message

Postby je543 » 15. January 2012 21:50

Hi,

Many thanks for info and link to explanation, it appears to be working now again.

je543
je543

Operating System: Windows XP sp3

Return to XAMPP for Windows