I have been using Xampp for over a year with no problems. A few days ago I installed MSVSWD 2008 Express which installs something called IIS Express (I presume a version of Internet Information Server) and could no longer access the Xampp Apache server. I kept getting page not found. I changed the port that Xampp uses to 8080 and now I can access pages using localhost:8080 which is some extra typing but not a big problem. However, here is why I'm writing: when I access the Xampp start page and then the status page everything come up as disabled. That is not the case since I ran a page that using php and everything worked just fine. On the status page it says that some changes to configuration pages may cause false disabled messages so I guess that is what is happening, but being of curious mind I can't help wonder why and if there is anything I could do to fix things so that I get correct information on the status of stuff.
My operating system is Windows 7 and I am using Xampp for windows Version 1.7.3.