Lost password for root

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Lost password for root

Postby hwalker1 » 20. December 2011 17:09

I finally got my xammp control panel to work again, after switching off IIS7, but when I then clicked on the admin button for MySql, I was asked for a password. I have a text copy of the database password which I entered, but it did not work. I have searched all over for a way to reset the root password, even finding a file in the mysql system folder called resetroot.bat. Clicking on this just brought up more error messages. I also tried to use various solutions found on the web that seem to work for everyone else, but not for me, as Windows 7 does not recognise any of the commands given as programs, commands or batch files.
So I'm snookered!
Despite having been brought up on dos 3.1, I am also not at all familiar with entering commands into the command prompt window any longer, so many of the items that you may understand like /etc/ and # mean nohing to me.
Can anyone help?
hwalker1

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Re: Lost password for root

Postby Sharley » 20. December 2011 20:40

Would you be so kind as to add your XAMPP version and Operating System to your profile as per these instructions:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48626
Thanks. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows