mail problem in 1.7.7 [SOLVED]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mail problem in 1.7.7 [SOLVED]

Postby cearlp » 23. November 2011 05:19

I'm having a problem sending mail from my localhost using Google as the mail server. After searching this forum I have gotten to the point where the program sending the mail indicates that it has been sent but it never arrives at the destination. My php.ini is not using any of the Win32 parameters, only the Unix area sendmail pointer.
Using port 25 gets me where the program thinks it sent the mail but gives me an error in the sendmail error log that a TLS is required. I tried changing the port to 465 and even 587 but both of them never gets to the point that the program thinks the mail is sent, they just time out after what the program thinks is 30 seconds. This is according to the error message displayed by the program.
From posts in this forum, I have seen sendmail.ini files shown that have other possibilities for configuring such things as TLS and SSL but my sendmail.ini has none of these.
Is there other things I should configure or can I get a different sendmail that will allow me to configure sending a TLS ?
I'm stuck right now.
Thanks
cearlp

Operating System: Windows 7 x64 SP1

Re: mail problem in 1.7.7

Postby Sharley » 23. November 2011 05:26

Replace the files in the \xampp\sendmail folder with an updated version. The version included does not do well with TLS.

Download sendmail from here:
http://www.glob.com.au/sendmail/sendmail.zip

Extract (drag) the following into your sendmail folder
sendmail.exe
sendmail.ini
libeay32.dll
ssleay.dll
EDIT - 2 files not included in the archive (deleted)

Please let me know if this later version works for you as others have had success.

Here is the last relevant topic:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48847

Also often it is best to place in forum code tags the relevant section of the php.ini file and the sendmail.ini file so we can see if it is all correct.

Good luck. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby cearlp » 23. November 2011 06:17

Thanks Shayley, That did the trick.
You are a life saver.
One thing though, no authtype-login or smtps files in the .zip but worked without them.
cearlp

Operating System: Windows 7 x64 SP1

Postby Sharley » 23. November 2011 06:46

I am please that you can now move forward and thanks for the feedback. 8)

I will remove those 2 files from my reference.

Good luck and best wishes. :)

It is now a requirement of membership to the Apache Friends forums that you provide your correct Operating System Version and the correct XAMPP version
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48626
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows