Thanks for a wonderful package that is XAMPP. I'm trying to install it in a Windows XP Pro SP3 Laptop and I'm unable to start Apache no matter what. This is what I did so far:
- This laptop is clean, fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP3. No Skype nor any program that is using Port 80;443. Netstat checked.
- Installed XAMPP with the installer.
- MySQL and Filezilla starts well.
- Tried changing ports on httpd.conf anyway without success.
- Uninstalled and Installed just in case but no success.
- Installation is on C:/XAMPP/
- installed new Control Panel v3.0.8 as recommended and it gives me the following message when trying to start apache: There may be an error, return code: 12570544 -
- There are no logs (access.log/error.log)
Any clues? I even reinstalled my whole system with another Windows XP disc but same thing. XAMPP ran out of the box on my Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop.
Any help much appreciated, thanks.
*Edid/Update: I also tried double-clicking the httpd.exe file and I get the following error: