Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
I just installed XAMPP 1.7.7 for the first time ever. Every time I click on "run" for MySQL it runs for 1 or 2 seconds and then it stops again.
The error goes like this: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Altough I have changed the password
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 18. November 2011 14:18
- Operating System: Windows XP
Where did you change the password as initially there was no password set for the root user.
Did you read the readme_en.txt file in the xampp folder?
There is an error.log file in the \xampp\mysql\data folder that may also contain a clue.
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 3316
- Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
- Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
- Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3
Return to XAMPP for Windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: zanzibarneon and 70 guests