Access forbidden

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Access forbidden

Postby junex13 » 14. November 2011 03:09

Please Help me i access my data in localhost and 127.0.0.1 and my ip assign in my lan.. but my problem is when i open outside using my static ip the result is this

Access forbidden!

New XAMPP security concept:

Access to the requested object is only available from the local network.

This setting can be configured in the file "httpd-xampp.conf".

Error 403

11/14/2011 9:05:23 AM
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
junex13
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14. November 2011 02:21
Operating System: windows 7

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Sharley » 14. November 2011 03:12

You will be able to access files and folders in the htdocs folder only, but not any XAMPP system files and folders including the xampp folder in the htdocs folder from your static IP.

You will not be able to access the XAMPP Welcome (Admin) page other than from the computer that XAMPP is installed on plus many other XAMPP system components.

You will be able to access a web site stored in the htdocs folder.

This a security protection method used to prevent possible attacks from outside your network.
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Access forbidden

Postby junex13 » 14. November 2011 03:33

Sharley wrote:You will be able to access files and folders in the htdocs folder only, but not any XAMPP system files and folders including the xampp folder in the htdocs folder from your static IP.

You will not be able to access the XAMPP Welcome (Admin) page other than from the computer that XAMPP is installed on plus many other XAMPP system components.

You will be able to access a web site stored in the htdocs folder.

This a security protection method used to prevent possible attacks from outside your network.


Thanks for your reply but how can i see my index.html in htdocs i canot access it thru port forwarding thanks for your reply muah
junex13
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14. November 2011 02:21
Operating System: windows 7

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Sharley » 14. November 2011 03:36

Use a proxy so you can access from outside your PC or look to the DMZ settings in your router configuration - sorry I don't have a local network but there have been posts with the same issue as yours where you need to be familiar with how your router is configured.

Make sure that your ISP does not block port 80.

To access your website file try:
http://localhost/mywebsite/index.html if your web site is stored in mysite in the htdocs folder.

If that works then try using your IP:
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mysite/index.html
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Altrea » 14. November 2011 03:42

junex13 wrote:Thanks for your reply but how can i see my index.html in htdocs i canot access it thru port forwarding thanks for your reply muah


.php files were served with higher priority than .html files, if you don't write a specific filename in your url.
http://localhost/index.html or http://your-ip-here/index.html should work.
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!

It's like porn for programmers 8)
User avatar
Altrea
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 8290
Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
XAMPP version: several
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: Access forbidden

Postby junex13 » 14. November 2011 03:44

Sharley wrote:Use a proxy so you can access from outside your PC or look to the DMZ settings in your router configuration - sorry I don't have a local network but there have been posts with the same issue as yours where you need to be familiar with how your router is configured.

Make sure that your ISP does not block port 80.

To access your website file try:
http://localhost/mywebsite/index.html if your web site is stored in mysite in the htdocs folder.

If that works then try using your IP:
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mysite/index.html



Ok thank you Very much for helping me.... have a nice day :D
junex13
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14. November 2011 02:21
Operating System: windows 7

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Sharley » 14. November 2011 03:49

Your welcome and please post back with details about how you managed to get it all working so it might help others searching for a solution to a similar problem. 8)

Thanks and best wishes. :)
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Access forbidden

Postby junex13 » 14. November 2011 04:07

Altrea wrote:
junex13 wrote:Thanks for your reply but how can i see my index.html in htdocs i canot access it thru port forwarding thanks for your reply muah


.php files were served with higher priority than .html files, if you don't write a specific filename in your url.
http://localhost/index.html or http://your-ip-here/index.html should work.


Thanks for your help this is working --> http://localhost/index.html or http://your-ip-here/index.htm

but my problem is when i accessing outside thru my domain or ip of my ISP
this is the result

Access forbidden!

New XAMPP security concept:

Access to the requested object is only available from the local network.

This setting can be configured in the file "httpd-xampp.conf".

btw i try to config my router again i think thats my fault thank so much helping :D
junex13
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14. November 2011 02:21
Operating System: windows 7

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Altrea » 14. November 2011 04:10

junex13 wrote:but my problem is when i accessing outside thru my domain or ip of my ISP
this is the result
[...]

Thats correct if you request the index.php file, because that is redirecting to your htdocs\xampp folder, which is protected by the security concept.
The index.html file is not protected by this security concept.
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!

It's like porn for programmers 8)
User avatar
Altrea
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 8290
Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
XAMPP version: several
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Sharley » 14. November 2011 04:17

The httpd-xampp.conf file setting is, as I said, a protection setting which can be changed but will create very serious security for your computer.

Try putting your web site files (index.html) in a folder in the htdocs folder like I pointed out above and see if you can access the web site.


Try using a proxy server many of which can be found using Google or even a free VPN like Raptor
http://www.raptorvpn.com/whmcs/
then you can access without much trouble, as you will be bypassing your PC and coming back in from an outside location.

Best trying to solve the router or DMZ settings if you can.
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Access forbidden

Postby junex13 » 14. November 2011 04:23

@ Sharley and Altrea thanks for your support more power AF God Bless
junex13
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14. November 2011 02:21
Operating System: windows 7

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Sharley » 14. November 2011 04:26

You're welcome. :D
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Access forbidden

Postby Sharley » 14. November 2011 09:52

Is everything working now as expected?

Can I close this topic now and mark it solved?
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 80 guests