short_open_tag in 1.7.7 (Win7) [SOLVED]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

short_open_tag in 1.7.7 (Win7) [SOLVED]

Postby Rankxerox1984 » 08. November 2011 08:20

Hi:
I’m trying to deal with Symfony2.0.5 and XAMPP 1.7.7 in Windows7. I downloaded the last XAMPP version for Windows from your site and proceed to install and made de safe passwords setting. Then I downloaded Symfony to htdocs directory and settled short_open_tag=Off in php.ini.
I also tried to activate INTL.dll library writing in Extension sections of php.ini extension=php_intl.dll and when I go back to Xampp I get an error message as follows
Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\head.php on line 27
Getting too the main part of the screen empty and the commands panel does not work right
Is that a bug? How I can fix it? I uninstalled Xampp many times without handling intl.dll library and the error persists.

Thanks in advance for your kind answer.

J. :-)
Rankxerox1984

Operating System: MS Windows 7

Re: Is there a Bug?

Postby Sharley » 08. November 2011 08:31

Welcome back and you may have noticed that there have been some changes since your last visit.

Please go to the forum User Control Panel and in the Profile settings add your XAMPP Version and Operating System for future reference.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48626
Thanks.

To get the extension working you may need to follow the instructions in this external forum topic:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1451 ... -extension
(Substitute 46 for 36 in any dll file name mentioned).

Have you edited any other files in the htdocs\xampp folder and did you select your language when you first ran http://localhost.

Is there a lang.tmp file in the htdocs\xampp folder?

Did you run a disk clean up utility on your computer at any stage after installing XAMPP?
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby Rankxerox1984 » 11. November 2011 08:17

Hi Sharley,

Good morning. First of all thanks to reply so quick my post.
I followed al of your recommendations and the issue persist maybe is something wrong and I can't see what is it.

Did you said

Have you edited any other files in the htdocs\xampp folder and did you select your language when you first ran http://localhost.
No, after selecting my language and make the security check and recommendations for changing passwords and check everything works well, I only edited php.ini and then reboot all of the system

Is there a lang.tmp file in the htdocs\xampp folder?
Yes

Did you run a disk clean up utility on your computer at any stage after installing XAMPP?
No but I uninstalled Uniblue clean Up Software in order to avoid the issue and the issue remain
Rankxerox1984

Postby Sharley » 11. November 2011 08:24

So everything in XAMPP is working as it should - is that correct?

Except you get a 'Warning' message about line 27 in head.php - is that correct?

In 1.7.7 to have the XAMPP Welcome (Admin) page work correctly then you can't have short_open_tags set to Off, it must be set to On.

So make the change back to On and try http://locahost/ again and see if the warning goes and you see the page correctly.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby Rankxerox1984 » 11. November 2011 10:26

Hi Sharley,

Thanks again, my reply after checking

So everything in XAMPP is working as it should - is that correct?
Yes, it is.

Except you get a 'Warning' message about line 27 in head.php - is that correct?
Yes I get this warning message, can't see anything in the main form and the main title says Xampp fürfor Windows instead Xampp form Windows

In 1.7.7 to have the XAMPP Welcome (Admin) page work correctly then you can't have short_open_tags set to Off, it must be set to On.
Yes if I set short_open_tags set to Off Xampp reply with that issue

So make the change back to On and try http://locahost/ again and see if the warning goes and you see the page correctly.
I did and everything works well again

Thanks again for your dedication
Rankxerox1984

Postby Sharley » 11. November 2011 10:29

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. 8)

Good luck and best wishes. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows