Transfer html website to myphpadmin database

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Transfer html website to myphpadmin database

Postby montaya » 23. October 2011 08:20

Hi,
I'm new to Apache and Wamp as I have recently installed and been able to get a localhost server running on my desktop. Also I have been able to get wordpress database loaded and running on the localhost server. What I can't seem to do is to run multiple sites on the localhost server. Also I want to bring an old html site (large) into the localhost server. I use a small program called Crimson Editor to edit the html site. Questions:
1. How can I run multiple websites on the localhost server ?
2. How do I import the html website data into a database I created on myphpadmin ?
As I am new to this, my breadth of knowledge is rather thin. Thank you. :?
montaya
montaya

Operating System: window7 64 bit

Re: Transfer html website to myphpadmin database

Postby Sharley » 23. October 2011 08:26

We are talking XAMPP not WAMPP in these forums. :shock:

1. Search the English XAMPP for Windows forum for virtualhost or vhost (for hosting multiple web sites).

Sorry I don't know a myphpadmin did you mean phpMyAdmin?

2. Use phpMyAdmin to import your exported database sql file into your phpMyAdmin created database.

Other than that we need more detail to work with. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby montaya » 23. October 2011 08:52

yes it is phpMyAdmin.
could you elaborate on "Use phpMyAdmin to import your exported database sql file into your phpMyAdmin created database"?
montaya

Postby Sharley » 23. October 2011 09:03

You still have not given many details about what you are trying do do or have done already with exporting your database etc.

In these search results there are many helpful pages including YouTube video tutorials and even some WordPress results as phpMyAdmin is a well know application world wide - they may well do a better job than I can. :)

There would also be some related results by searching these forums here, for example phpmyadmin or wordpress.

We like new members to get familiar with the forum search feature as most questions have been asked and answered many many times before and most have been solved one way or another.
2 topics worth reading:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48331
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670

Good luck :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby montaya » 24. October 2011 20:50

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed wamp and have been developing and testing a wordpress site in localhost on my desktop. I tried to put an old html site I've got into the localhost sandpit and am not sure how to go about it. I initially created the name of a database in phpMyadmin but have not been able to get the data from the old html website into the database. If I don't resolve this data transfer issue shortly I will start creating the whole html site in wordpress. The problem I have about using wordpress only is the site is going to be a very large site and I was thinking about retaining the html site as a subdomain (if I could only get it into the sandpit).
montaya

Return to XAMPP for Windows