Security & Apache Logins

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Security & Apache Logins

Postby mmgitdept » 14. October 2011 23:20

First of all, thank you in advance for the help.

I have just recently taken my new job. The current construction is built on XAMPP, which seems to be working just fine. However, I cannot login to the /security page. The documentation I was given says the password is *. When I try to put it in, login fails. The Admin for Apache is the same way. Is there way to hack the passwords? A file/db that they are in that I have not been able to find. I have remote access to the server.

It is running Windows Server 2003 R2
XAMPP for Windows Version 1.7.3
Windows 5.2 Build 3790 Platform 2 Service Pack 2
+ Apache 2.2.14 (IPV6 enabled)
+ MySQL 5.1.41 (Community Server) with PBXT engine 1.0.09-rc
+ PHP 5.3.1 (PEAR, Mail_Mime, MDB2, Zend)
+ Perl 5.10.1 (Bundle::Apache2, Apache2::Request, Bundle::Apache::ASP, Bundle::Email, Bundle::DBD::mysql, DBD::SQlite, Randy Kobes PPM)
+ XAMPP Control Version 2.5.8 (ApacheFriends Edition)
+ XAMPP CLI Bundle 1.6
+ XAMPP Port Check 1.5
+ XAMPP Security 1.1

Also, it looks like most of my stuff is out of date, is there a tutorial someone can link me on how to upgrade my particular versions.
mmgitdept

Re: Security & Apache Logins

Postby Sharley » 14. October 2011 23:43

Sorry, there is no upgrade path available for your version - simply backup your own files and folders only and dump (export) any databases you may have to an sql file using phpMyAdmin and then uninstall and install a fresh latest release (1.7.7), returning your backup files and folders and importing your sql database file - do not backup and replace any XAMPP system files and folders only those files and folders you created or added into XAMPP.

Too many changes to XAMPP components to issue an overwrite upgrade.

Password issue:
delete the .htaccess files in the \xampp\htdocs\xampp folder and the \xampp\security\htdocs folder.

Delete the xampp.users file which is a renamed ,htpasswd file in the \xampp\security folder.

Now try and access without using a password, then create a new password from the Security menu item if required.

Please let me know back if this was the solution for your password issue.

Thanks and good luck. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows