[issue]About tomcat in windows 7 x64 and JDK x86

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

[issue]About tomcat in windows 7 x64 and JDK x86

Postby lohonam » 11. October 2011 16:59

Hi,

It is nice to have Tomcat in Xampp and I enjoy 1.7.7 with new control panel very well=P

But I have encountered a problem, that is, I can't start the Tomcat, even run the batch file directly

I found that the batch file doesn't check for JDK x86 under Windows x64 and I am just here to report the issue for developer team=)

Temporary fix:
set KeyName=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit
change to
set KeyName=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit

Again, thanks for this nice software=)
lohonam

Re: [issue]About tomcat in windows 7 x64 and JDK x86

Postby hackattack142 » 11. October 2011 22:37

I think the developers have not fixed issues like this because they do not have a 64-bit environment so they do not see issues like this. They are building XAMPP for 32-bit environments even though WOW allows it to run on 64-bit. If you have the 64-bit JDK installed, the batch file would work as expected. There are other ways the batch files could be improved as well. The way they are built, they should not require the JDK to be installed, only the JRE since the XAMPP batch files never invoke the Tomcat Debug interface.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows