how can i setup chinese character in xampp?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

how can i setup chinese character in xampp?

Postby samcui » 06. October 2011 03:48

does any body know how to setup chinese character in xampp 1.6.6a or 1.7.7 version?
i tried many solution posted on website but none of them can solve the mass ???? marks showing on the webpages.

can anybody help me?

thanks in advance
samcui

Re: how can i setup chinese character in xampp?

Postby Sharley » 06. October 2011 04:13

Missing info, what Windows version are you using?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48331
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670

Much more detail about what you are doing will help.

Is your browser able to read Chinese characters?

When you installed XAMPP and first went to http://localhost you were asked to select your language:
Code: Select all
English / Deutsch / Francais / Nederlands / Polski / Italiano / Norwegian / Español / 中文 / Português (Brasil) / 日本語
Is your language there.

If so and you did not select the Chinese language then delete the lang.tmp file in the \xampp\htdocs\xampp folder and then go to http://localhost and select your language again.

Also read the forum search results for Chinese which may hold your particular issue.

This Google search may help.

Good luck.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: how can i setup chinese character in xampp?

Postby samcui » 06. October 2011 19:05

i am not mean the xampp webpage chinese language. i created a website using xampp. i set gbk in database and change my website page header sentence meta text=gbk. however, the chinese letters can show on the first open page. it will became ??? mark when you switch other pages or try to modify data using webpages.

is there some way from programming to control mysql server, database, client default language?

thanks very much for your reply
samcui

Return to XAMPP for Windows