XAMPP not accessible ON LAN

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP not accessible ON LAN

Postby dxwolf » 30. September 2011 19:24

Hello, I will try to summarize my problem:

I'm using a laptop with win7 pro, I've installed xampp 1.7.7 (latest i belive) and all services are running Ok.

I can access phpadmin, mysql I can create pages and acess them via http://localhost/whatever

but computers within My LAN all the sudden can't access it...

2 days ago in any Computer i only needed to type http://ComputerNAME/THEwhateverSite and the site pop up fine.

Now It does not work..

Localy on my laptop I access to it and all things Work..

I disabled the local Firewall and with that the computers now can access it...

So my question is : I wanna maitain my laptop firewall option ON so What do I need to put On The Inbound and Outbound Rules of the Home/work Firewall to make it accessible?

I've try to add TCP por 80 both in/outbound but still no go.... It only works if I shutdown the home/work Firewall.

It's strange because initally (2 days ago) I've accessed from a computer of the LAN and the website opened..

I'm Confuzed...

Thanks for your attention
dxwolf

Re: XAMPP not accessible ON LAN

Postby Sharley » 30. September 2011 21:24

dxwolf wrote:So my question is : I wanna maitain my laptop firewall option ON so What do I need to put On The Inbound and Outbound Rules of the Home/work Firewall to make it accessible?

I've try to add TCP por 80 both in/outbound but still no go.... It only works if I shutdown the home/work Firewall.
May I suggest you contact the author of the firewall software for advise as firewall configurations are not in the scope of these XAMPP forums.

You may also like to read this post and see if the edits mentioned help you also.
viewtopic.php?p=185823#p185823

Good luck and thanks for the detailed content. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows